1. Describe what is SEO and why is important to have a “search engine friendly” website.
Search Engine Optimization is a way to get free traffic to your website from search engines.
2. Describe what is a web crawler (web spider or robot) and what is its function in search engines.
Is a script that looks thru the world wide web in an automatic way to find new things on the internet.
3. What are meta-tags?
They are text used to describe the content on a page but they do not show on the page only in the code.
4. Which are the role of the following attributes in SEO:
- Keyword attribute : Keywords important the the specific page
- Descriptions Attribute : A description of the page
- Page title : The text at the top of the page
- Domain name : The web address to your page
5. Describe what is Spamdexing?
The words spam and indexing put together. Is a way for SEO spamming by intentional manipulation of search engine indexes.
6. What are natural or organic search results?
Web pages that appear on search engines because of the relevance to what you searched.
7. Briefly describe the following search engine marketing methods:
- Pay Per Click (PPC) : When an advertiser pays the publisher when ever the ad is clicked
- Paid Inclusion : When the search engine charges websites to put them in their index
- Video Search Marketing : Is a way to up your search engine ranking and to have your content appear on video search engines as well
- Sponsored Listings : Similar to pay per click, its a way to promote your website on search engines
- google-adsense : a way to choose which ads you want to appear on your site and where, then it chooses which ads are the top paying
8. Describe and give an example of white hat SEO and black hat SEO.
White hat SEO is using human audience to boost your website in search engines. It is accomplished by using keywords, and keyword analysis, doing research, rewriting meta tags in order for them to be more relevant, backlinking, link building as well as writing content for human readers.
Black hat SEO is breaking search engine rules to get your website boosted. It is accomplished by keyword stuffing, link farming, hidden texts and links, and blog content spamming.
9. Major search engines have Webmaster Guidelines to help search engines find, index, and rank their sites.
Please go to the following websites and pick the 5 most important guidelines for Google and BING search engines:
- Automatically generated content
- Participating in link schemes
- Creating pages with little or no original content
- Sneaky redirects
- Link schemes, link buying, link spamming
- Social media schemes
- Meta refresh redirects
- Duplicate content
10.What are web analytics tools and what are their functions?
It is a way to analyze the behavior of people visiting your website. It can be used for business and market research, improve the effectiveness of a website, and measure the results of advertising campaigns.